Friday, June 25, 2010

Before I forget: An awesome book...

Hi all! Just wanted to say thanks for letting me sit in on your class last weekend. I had a great time. It was wonderful to see the beautiful books you've been making, and I can't wait to read about your finals. If you need anyone to bounce ideas off of or to answer questions about sewing or pasting, I'm happy to help. You can email me at meredithpurvis [at] gmail [dot] com!

I also wanted to share this amazing book that a college professor of mine told me about it. It's Anne Carson's latest, and it's published by New Directions. It's called Nox. It's a continuous accordion book in a box. I ordered a copy last night and can't wait to see it in person, but in the meantime, this is a pretty great blog post about it with nice photos of the book:

http://rainingacorns.blogspot.com/2010/06/anne-carsons-nox.html

I was thrilled at the beauty of the form and how well it tied into the subject, but most of all, I was super excited to see a press willing to put that amount of effort into a book--you all know how much work it would be!

Wishing you bookiness and cool breezes!

1 comment:

Kinetic Prose said...

Thank you! You are the bestest. :)