Monday, June 28, 2010

Idea...Check.

If I'm being honest, I have not gotten much done on my final 10 books in terms of making straight lines, cutting, etc, but I have made choices! And isn't that half the battle? I was between two ideas for my final set of books. I am going to work with a piece I wrote that consists of a series of smaller prose/poems/something sections called "definitions of what happens after the sun goes down. Here is a rough sketch of how I want the book to turn out:















I want things to fold open and closed, to pop out, a secret illustration and a button or velcro or some other nifty closing device. I also know the paper I want to use, but I need to head back to Utrecht in Towson to get a few more sheets of it. This is what it looks like:


Within the text, there is a lot of sun, fire and warmth, so I thought this would be a great paper to communicate those ideas. The main reason I haven't begun any of the actual construction is that I need to take a ride out to Paper Source in Annapolis. I know they have the exact paper I want to make the base of the front/back covers and spine with, and so far I have only seen it there. The secondary reason is my brother was in town last week from Washington state visiting before his first big deployment (9 months!) with the Navy. Needless to say, I didn't have a lot of time. But I don't work in the summer (joy!), so the next couple weeks I can really dedicate a lot of time to this final.

1 comment:

Kinetic Prose said...

Making choices is the hardest part, I swear! Love the drawings. :)