Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Testing...testing


So the idea was to create a volume of children's stories based on those written by two characters in my novel. I had this wild idea about using one of characters from the children's story a lightening bug as a part of the motif. There was going to be light and a lot of mechanical rigamarol...but can't quite get my head around how to get it started or get it done. Then I found this gorgeous fabric that i wanted to use and thought of going to Plan B to create still the series of children's books as a series of hardcover stab binding. With this in mind, I've been playing around with how I want to put everything together. I was thinking something along the lines of how we put together the signatures....Jenny and Pantea weren't kidding about test pages. I'm sure that I ran through at least a half a cartridge of ink before I got the hang of it.

1 comment:

Kinetic Prose said...

That's the rub, isn't it? At least you're wasting ink now, when you can modify your plans! Hope your finger is feeling better. :)