Monday, July 19, 2010

Done and Done

Finished bright and early this morning. Had a plan to break things down so that I wouldn't find myself staying up late into the night the weekend before and wouldn't you know that that's whay I did. One of my favorite movies on repeat and a call in sick to work. Nothing quite like the satisfaction that came upon finishing that very last book. I probably should've done it finishing one book first and then the others but I found it a a better process getting it all done together. Working out the kinks as I went along. It helped alot with the cutting and measuring and dear lord the glue. I swear I'm OCD with all the handwashing I did only have to go back and get them messy again. Tried to keep a wet cloth handy but that only worked for so long. It was messy and tiring but oddly satisfying. Have ideas for a few other projects that I'd like to put together...without the pressure of an extremely looming deadline. I definitely agree with the therapeautic nature of putting everything together. Really happy with what came out...from story to the end product.

Before:




After:

4 comments:

Kinetic Prose said...

Oh, so pretty! Love the paper...and the pic of all the spines :)

cd said...

i looooooove this paper! is it ikea?? it looks like one of their textiles.

Cort Robinson said...

Yes it's fabric from Ikea. Saw it and fell for it t once Lol

Cort Robinson said...

*at once* of course my "A" key wants to be difficult.