Friday, July 9, 2010

a question, I guess

Hello everyone. Don't know if anyone else is checking this (I am all the time, but that's because I am not doing things like going to work, which I think almost all the rest of you are). If anyone is, I have a question. My book is a poem. Well, it's an accordion book OF a poem. The poem is sortof about unicorns (but not exactly). So I put in a unicorn picture. The problem is that I don't want to make the picture small enough to fit right on the page, so I thought maybe I should break it up in pieces like a puzzle. I'm not sure yet how I feel about it - any thoughts?

3 comments:

B Rux said...

I vote yes for puzzle-pieced graphics!
That said, I, for one, find voting "yes" much easier than actually planning & executing the concept. Maybe if you place the pieced image across 2 or more pages, or even all the pages on one side if it fits, and/or have little flaps that are multifunctional with words on top and part of the image beneath?

Kinetic Prose said...

I like the idea of breaking it up, too... Or, maybe a bunch of unicorns could be running along the bottom? Or...there's always the idea of using multiple, slighly different unicorns to make a sort of flip book (which is certainly possible with an accordian)...do any of those ideas fit with your poem?

cd said...

i'm sure you already resolved this but i wanted to let you know that i have finally read your question, and i acknowledge it, and i offer whatever consolation there may be in the fact that i think there's no way to go wrong with unicorns! i am usually a big fan of blowing things up when you can't shrink them down, and showing a surprising omygosh-that's-a-unicorn view of things. i guess like they used to do in the scholastic papers... good luck! can't wait to see it (i hope!)