Sunday, July 4, 2010

Have Supplies, Will Craft.

I finally went to PaperSource and got my supplies!

If you have never been to PaperSource in Annaplis, go immediatly. You will LOVE it! Since I had my supplies, I decided to make one of my books in its complete form first to see if my idea would even work and to work out the measurements with real materials and not just sketches. So here is one of my books! It's a little rough, but it worked!

The Cover:


Right after opening:


The left flap opens into a picture of a sunset I took and edited a little in photoshop:

The left side unfolds four times, revealing more sections of the poem:


And it all ties together with the great dyed satin ribbon I got at PaperSource:



There is my book. Now I just have to get down to constructing the other 9! Happy 4th!




2 comments:

cd said...

gorgeous!!

Kinetic Prose said...

Awesome!! Love the pages folding out!