Sunday, July 4, 2010

Postcards finished!

I used the long weekend to finish my books since I'll be away for most of this week/weekend.

One of the first things I faced while beginning the process of gluing was deciding on mod podge vs. glue stick.















The paper that I used for the outside cover was parchment paper and bubbled up when I used mod podge to glue it to the board. The glue stick turned out to be a much better option for this book.















I held the paper + board up to a lamp to line the board up with the cover and back















Again, I found the bone fold to be incredibly helpful!















Making progress....















10 books of Postcards!















A close-up of the cover (a photograph of Our Lady Before Tyn Cathedral that I took while visiting Prague)















A close-up of the back















Sample pages (AKA the little Postcards)















All together :)















I have to say, aside from feeling all sticky from the glue, I had a good time putting this book together. Once I got the most difficult (in my opinion) task of cutting board out of the way, it was just a matter of making sure my the pages were glued on straight. My favorite part of the process was designing the cover and pages in InDesign. It was nice to use that program again.

2 comments:

cd said...

congrats! a beautiful little bounty of books :)

Kinetic Prose said...

Yay!! It's so nice to see them all together. :)