Saturday, July 3, 2010

One functional digital camera battery is good. A camera battery with an accompanying battery charger is better. But TWO functioning camera batteries AND a charger is best, by far.
I'd lost my battery charger over a month ago and was impressed, for once, by my camera's battery life, which lasted long enough for me to take & upload photos until last week. I ordered a charger from Buy.com (and was crossing my fingers, bc it seemed super-sketch and didn't look like it matched my battery, no matter what the description said) which came w/ an additional battery and they arrived a few days ago. They do fit, though the battery doesn't look like it sits in the charger quite right. But battery life is back, so joy!

I haven't accomplished anything yet that looks nice and/or pretty, but I've tested some paper (for a scroll idea) and bought more decorative stuff and punched holes in all of my covers. So now all notable grunt work is done. Yippee! It's all Podge and ribbon and sunshine from here! (And needless and cutting and stickiness, it's all good though.)
Here are some less than exciting photos, as all I have are still just non-assembled parts. I took photos aplenty, but will only post a small portion, to spare everyone. Was just so happy to have a fully charged camera, I was giggling while clicking with the quickness. The things we take for granted!

Testing paper to see if it would soften with water. This particular one did not.


Maybe some oil, too, will soften? (Eh, decided to use tracing or parchment paper.)






Matched up by size, because they aren't all exactly 8.5x7 and some fit better with others (amazingly there was a good match for each, no oddballs out.)





I like this one because it looks like they're kissing! Awwl! (I've been dying to use "awl" in that context, so shoot me.)






This is my favorite board to work with, it came from a box and is firm but super easy to punch through and cut. It's a little flakier/messier, but that's fine. I predict it will be either the best or the worst of my ten.



Got 'er done. Next up, dress 'em up.

2 comments:

B Rux said...

Aaaand I lost my camera's battery charger. Again. THE ONE I JUST BOUGHT!
I have the additional battery that came with it, which thank goodness I had the forethought to charge immediately after opening. But good grief, sometimes I really think the universe has great laughs at my expense!

Kinetic Prose said...

Oh no! I hope you find it!