Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Extra Credit and Assembly

Just an update on my progress. I have everything cut, sorted and ready to be assembled into my 9 other books:
I plan on putting them all together this weekend. I have been working on my extra credit assignment (because I missed a class -- so don't panic). I decided to use a line of poetry from Joy Harjo's poem "Summer Night" because it was vivid and beautiful. I was origionally going to illustrate it in InDesign, but after I opened my box-o-crafts, I realized that I had some great paper, etc. that would be better to work with and require less computer time. I am really happy with how it turned out.

Here is the cover:

All of the pages fanned out:


And one of the pages close-up.

I like how the book unfolds and closes because it is similar to the way Harjo describes night in summer. Hope you are having a great week!


1 comment:

Kinetic Prose said...

cool!! i love how it fans out :)