Friday, July 16, 2010

you say it's what day?

f.u.n.
I wish I had a more exciting update prepared for you - it's coming! - but since I don't want you to forget about me over here, I'll just say this: I've had to learn the hard way that having access to some of the fonts you need on one computer, and other fonts you need on another computer, particularly when one computer is a pc at your office and the other is a mac at your home, can really cost you a lot of time. I can't even admit how many times I tried to finish this thing up only to remember that the reason I hadn't already finished it is because I needed to use that typeface and the reason I couldn't use that typeface is because it's on that other computer. Thankfully, there are wills and ways and even fonts can stand in the way of books. More good news: had my last Book Design class of the summer tonight and -- although it won't help me wrap up two more classes between now and Monday -- I'll have my Tuesday and Thursday nights back :)

1 comment:

Cort Robinson said...

I know exactly what you mean. Had the same thing happen working with my laptop and work PC. Messes up your whole idea and layout.