Monday, July 19, 2010

hard hat required

coming around the construction bend held a number of fun surprises, but not as many as i might have thought thanks to (you guessed it) mock ups!















Exhibit A. $75 worth of paper folded and ready to be glued. Thanks, Staples, for warning me that this tiny 10 book project would cost me dinner for a week. I'm not sure who wouldn't be surprised by that pricetag, but... um... I was.

At any rate - they're beautiful! And colorful! And laid-out correctly!
















Exhibit B. Since my accordion book is two-sided, I had to glue the backs together before folding. Two of the pockets (you can sort of see them... under the pink square there's a light blue box that doesn't match anything else) will be glued under the covers. This view shows the back pockets before they're folded under the book... if that makes any sense.

Spoiler alert: I ended up just gluing the sides down rather than stitching them. I thought the stitching would compete with the bold white box ... and ... I didn't leave a larger margin on the outer edges, as I should have if I'd really wanted to do it. Also I thought the glossy high-impact printing would actually confuse the stitching idea. I didn't complain that it was faster this way too :)








1 comment:

Kinetic Prose said...

lovely!! (and worth it!)